YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

sábado, 3 de enero de 2015

My Christmas trip to the City of the Thousand and One Dreams!

Happy New Year, folks!              
I hope you had year full of joy. As I said in my last post, I've been to Granada in order to celebrate New Year’s Eve with my boyfriend, and it was fantastic. I had been planning the trip for months, so we had a lot of things to do there.
We arrived to the bus station on 29th December at 15 pm, and we were starving since we didn’t have lunch yet. We took a taxi to the hotel and ate something near it. The hotel was very comfortable and charming. Then, we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening walking around the city and we went to bed early, because the next day was going to be quite intense.
In our second day, 30th December, we went visiting the Alhambra Palace. The visit to the Nasrid Palaces was programmed to start at 9 am, so we had to get up at 7, when it was still dark. It was -1 ºC In the city centre and almost every café was closed! We were freezing, but we found a nice café where we could have breakfast. Although after having breakfast we didn’t feel so cold, up in the Alhambra it was about 5ºC, it was such a cold day! But the visit was really enjoyable. We had lunch near Charles V’s palace – a ham and cheese sandwich- and walked the way down to the hotel to sleep a much needed siesta.





During the afternoon we visited the Cathedral and the Royal Chapel. I loved the Queen Isabella’s collection of Flemish art, it was amazing. It’s a pity that photos were not allowed to be taken inside the buildings.

On 31st December morning we walked to the Parque de las Ciencias. Our first plan was taking a bus, but we couldn’t find our bus’ stop, so we had to go by walking. It was a bit tiresome, but in the end we arrived to the museum. It was really big, so we only visited the mummy’s exposition, the butterfly park and the planetarium. All was interesting, but I most fancied the planetarium, where we attended a night sky seeing simulation and learned to identify the most important constellations.



After lunch, we sleep a long siesta, and just after it we started getting ready for our New Year’s Eve dinner, and my God, what a dinner! The place, an Italian restaurant called Il Gondoliere, was amazing. There were plenty of people, a fantastic atmosphere, and the food… simply perfect. We had garlic bread, a piadina full of salad, vegetable cream, monkfish stuffed with vegetables and crayfish, beef sirloin steak accompanied with parmesan sauce (delicious, the beef almost melted in the mouth) and to finish, the desert was a chocolate brownie covered by hot white chocolate and cream. Then we had a glass of cava and the traditional grapes. It was the best New Year’s Eve of my life.



Next day we took a bus to Algeciras, where my parental family lives, and now I am writing this from my father’s sofa. I’m staying here until Monday, Epiphany Day (in his house, not precisely in his sofa), when I’m taking a bus back to Murcia.

Have a very nice Holidays!

2 comentarios:

  1. Wow!! As I said to you when you told me all you had prepared for your trip, I have envy! I see you've enjoyed it a lot. So happy for you. Kisses :P

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yeah! It was really cool. Thanks for commenting, sweetheart <3 I hope you had a nice Christmas too.

    ResponderEliminar