YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

martes, 25 de noviembre de 2014

Devil's Trill Sonata

It's been a while since the last time I posted anything, I know and I apologize, but I had a terrible lack of inspiration.
Today I'm writing about baroque music, more specifically about Tartini and it's wonderful Sonata "Devil's Trill", which I leave you right here.


I hardly recommend you opening the video and listening the video while reading this, as I am doing while writing. 

The official name of this song is Violin Sonata in G minor, and it is a solo violin piece with figured bass accompaniment, most known because of it is extremely hard to play, and it requires a great technique.
But the interesting thing about this sonata it’s its story. As the most enchanting stories do, this one begins with a dream. One night, Tartini dreamt that the Devil appeared to him and proposed to be his servant. Without any doubt, he accepted, and he couldn’t be more pleased as long as all his wishes were satisfied by the Devil. Among other things, Tartini gave the Devil his violin to prove he could play. In Tartini’s own words: “How great was my astonishment on hearing a sonata so wonderful and so beautiful, played with such great art and intelligence, as I had never even conceived in my boldest flights of fantasy. I felt enraptured, transported, enchanted: my breath failed me, and - I awoke”.
He picked up his violin and tried to reproduce that marvelous melody. “The music which I at this time composed is indeed the best that I ever wrote, and I still call it the "Devil's Trill", but the difference between it and that which so moved me is so great that I would have destroyed my instrument and have said farewell to music forever if it had been possible for me to live without the enjoyment it affords me.


Nice, isn't it? I love that kind of stories.

Good night. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario